Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Hie Ho! Hie Ho!

I have to go back to work today. I really enjoyed my time off of work. It was great. I had a really wonderful time with my family and with my friends. I spent the first three days with my brother and his family. We went swimming and I played with my nieces. I got a chance to visit with my brother and sister and law and that was really nice.

Wensday was of course my birthday. I had originally planned on going to the temple but the first session was really late in the afternoon so I opted to go on Thursday instead. My parents took me out for dinner with my youngest brother. The food was okay but the dessert was excellent. It turned out to be a pretty good birthday.

Thursday was absolutely wonderful. I had planned on going to the temple by myself but I jokingly asked my mom if she wanted to skip work and go with me and she actually did. We had a fantastic day together. We saw the new movie that our church has produced about the life of one of our prophets Joseph Smith. It was so wonderful. Very touching. My mom cried through the whole thing. I cried a little because it was so powerful. After the movie we did some shopping at the local shops and got some lunch. I bought myself a new set of scriptures. They're a set I've been wanting for a long time and they were on sale. I probably spent more than I should but it was worth it. After the stores we went to the temple and went through a session which was great. It was very much needed for both my mom and I.

Friday was also a very good day. I had an appointment with my councilor in the morning. He's impressed with the progress I've made since Ex left and how I'm handling the present situations in my life. So that was good to hear. I had to go the mall after that to buy a couple of things I needed and wandered around there until it was time for my afternoon massage appointment. My parents got me a gift certificate for my birthday. It was wonderful. I hadn't had one in such a long time. Since long before Ex left. He and I met at massage school so we worked on each other. I just didn't take the time after he left to find another therapist. It was great to be worked on again. I could tell my body missed it. After my massage I called Mr. Man on my way to Walmart. We actually had a decent conversation that day. I was going out to his brother's house that night to visit with his wife because we had been good friends growing up and I wanted to see if he wanted to go with me.. He couldn't but we chatted a bit. It was nice. I bought snacks to take over to their house. There was a really bad snowstorm here and my mom wanted me to stay home but I couldn't I needed to get away. So I went anyway. The roads weren't too too bad. I got there okay. It was a beautiful storm. All that beautiful snow. There was even thunder and lightning which is so magical during a snowstorm. I had a great time with Guy and Lady. (That's what I'm going to call Mr. Man's brother and his wife.) Lady made a good dinner and we ate and watched TV until their neighbor's came over to watch movies. It was a good time. After the neighbors left Guy, Lady and I stayed up pretty late visiting. Lady fell asleep eventually but Guy and I still kept chatting. It was nice. Very enjoyable. Guy is very easy to talk to I can see why Lady likes him so much. Guy and I somehow got on the topic of this blog and he wanted to read it so I let him. I told him as he was reading how I gave Mr. Man the address. He asked if he had read it and I told him don't you think he would've talked to me if he had. He conceded the point and said that Mr. Man really needed to read it that it would explain alot of things to him. Which it would but I can't make him. Guy made some delicious blueberry waffles for breakfast the next day. They were so good. I got to really chat with Lady before I had to leave. It was good to talk to her I feel like we've lost track over the years but it was nice to get caught up.

Saturday night I went to a dinner theatre performance of "Grease" with a girl from church. It was her company's work party. It was alot of fun. I even ran into someone I went to high school with and got to talk with her for a bit.

Sunday was of course an eventful day. My mom had to go to the hospital she was having some chest pains everything came back negative for a heart attack but it was definitely scary. My dad had chemo this week so he wasn't feeling very good either but he wouldn't go home to rest till after she was admitted. So I was worried about his sugar levels crashing because he's diabetic too and he hadn't eaten and he hadn't slept very well the night before. He looked awful and my mom was in alot of pain. It was a worrisome to say the least. When I finally got home to change out of my church clothes, I missed church, and eat before I went back I called Mr. Man. And if you read my last post you'll know how well that went. It was a pretty crappy day. Yesterday was much better though. My mom came home and dad rested and was less worried about her. I cleaned the house and a lady from church brought over some dinner for us to eat which was really nice.

So all in all I had a really great vacation and I'm bummed I have to go back to work again. In about an hour actually. It was good to have the time off though. Very recuperating, but back to the working world I must go.

Miss M

No comments: