Sunday, February 05, 2006

The Best Of Weekends

It amazing to me how quickly and wonderfully my Father in Heaven answers my prayers. I mentioned in my birthday post how I felt I needed more friends and wanted more people in my life, and that I needed to put more effort into my relationships. I've been doing that a little more lately and its paid dividends back to me. I've had a great time all weekend. We gave each other nicknames this weekend for laughs so I'm just going to use them to refer to people. They're really ridiculous but they all have a story and a joke behind them. I'll begin with me I have been dubbed Sir Grabs-Alot. Mr. Man's sister is now Duchess of Magic Pants. One girl is now Captain Doofus and the other girl is Captain Albino. Mr. Man is the Baron of Straight Laced and the other guy is Buttman. We girls decided that we were the super heros and that the Baron and Buttman were the vilans. Now the stories behind these names may be explained later but some have no rhyme or reason to them they just sortof evolved. I mentioned them only to refer to them with as little confusion as possible. Its easier than coming up with my own names for everyone.

Anyway Captain Doofus, The Duchess of Magic Pants and I, Sir Grabs-Alot, spent most of Thursday together. We had lunch and then went over to my house and listened to music and talked. It was really nice. A very pleasant afternoon spent. With two really great girls. We got the guys together to hang out that night. We really didn't do anything that great at first. We wasted alot of our time sitting at the church trying to figure out what great fun we wanted to have. Everyone was there including Mr. Man and Captain Doofuss's brother (we don't have a name for him yet). Captain Albino wasn't able to be there that night. It was a pretty good night overall. We ended up going to Blockbuster and and wandered around for a long time no one could decide on a movie. I walked around the store with Mr. Man talking. He and the Duchess had had a little bit of a tense moment in the car on the way over. He seemed out of sorts afterwards on top of how uncomfortable he seems to be whenever I'm around, but it seemed a little different as we wandered the store and chatted. I asked Mr. Man, "Has it really been so bad talking to me the last 10 minutes?" He looked at me and smiled and said, "No, not that bad." " I told you I didn't bite." He laughed. I said, " Before there was anything else you were my best friend" Then I said something about how everything before doesn't matter and that I wanted things be okay and that the past is forgotten. It felt like a moment that put us both more at ease with the other. Closer to being friends again. He wasn't able to stay much longer and he left. Finally someone else just picked a picked a movie and we went to Captain Doofuss's house and then ended up watching a different movie entirely and didn't even watch the one we rented. After the movie Duchess had to go home so we took her back to the car and Buttman Doofus and her brother and I went and played pool till the wee hours of morning. It was soo much fun. I won every game but the last one which surprised me because I suck at pool. It was so terrible the games took forever and we were awful. Buttman was about the only one that had any skills but he wasn't really putting much effort into it until the last game and he beat me pretty bad. I had alot of fun with Buttman. We have a great time blatantly flirting and hitting on the other. Its all in good fun but it was hilarious. Lots of bad pick up lines and innuendos. I'm not sure how the rest of the gang takes us, but their reactions are half the fun. They also don't get the jokes we make sometimes they're just a wee bit innocent still. Buttman and I have a good time though.

So Thursday was real good late night fun but Friday was even better I called Buttman during my break at work and told him I was going to be up late anyway so I figured I'd see if anyone wanted to stay up with me. He of course did and called everyone else but he really couldn't get a hold of anyone. Mr. Man and the Duchess weren't going to come out and play, but Buttman met me at the church anyway and we went and kidnapped Captain Doofus. We tried to get her brother to come too but he wanted to study. Which I found very strange for a Friday night. We headed to a bowling alley across the river. We played four games and laughed our butts off. I kept catcalling Buttman as he strutted up the lane and that just made him strut more. Toward the end of the games Buttman and Doofus were trying different silly ways of throwing the ball down the lane. Buttman came up with this grapevining under one leg backward twisty thing that was actually quite impressive. After bowling we went to IHOP. IHOP was even more fun than bowling. We laughed so much the waiter was teasing about how he could hear us across the whole restaurant. Doofus got pancakes that had whipped topping on them and she doesn't like whipped topping and told us to eat it so of course I threw it at Buttman and it got all over his eggs and sausage. Only good times can ensue from a whipped topping fight. We were licking it off our selves and making faces at each other. Just more bad innuendos and silly sexy faces. The funniest was when he was licking it off his sausage all the faces he made at me implying the naughty. I could hardly breath I was laughing so hard. The most hilarious thing was when the manager came up and asked if we wanted more whipped topping. After we ate were teasing about how we were watching Buttman strut his stuff at the bowling alley and he said that he's been told that its the best butt some people have seen. We were paying at the counter while talking about this so I grabbed his butt and squeezed it and said, "Almost the best I've seen." I thought Doofus was going to die laughing and Buttman just stood there and grinned as I harmlessly violated him. Hence our nick names, Buttman and Sir Grabs-Alot. It was a good time had by all. :) He does have a rather lovely arse.

Sunday was another wonderful day. I of course had church and saw most everyone there. After church they all came over and had dinner before we went to the broadcast our church does once a month from Utah. Dinner was so much fun they all loved the food. Even Mr. Man looked like he was having fun. There was one moment when there was a pang in my heart when I saw him watching me move around the kitchen cooking like he had a Monday that we spent all day together when we were dating. He had the same look in his eye in that moment that he did back then. I did okay for the most part. He had his own moment of slight heart ache when he heard about me grabbing Buttman's arse. The flames of jealousy flickered in his eyes for a moment and he looked at Buttman slightly accusingly. I also caught him watching me dance with the girls in the living room after dinner. It was Latin music I couldn't help but dance and wiggle. I'm not holding out hope but I like knowing that I'm not completely out of his head yet. He occupies mine too much still and it was good to know that I'm not the only one suffering and torturing myself. We went over to our institute directors house to watch the broadcast. Mr. Man, gentleman that he is, stood and waited for us girls to sit down and Buttman, playful player he is, sits in the middle of the couch and puts his arms across the back of the couch and invited us lovely ladies to sit with him. I of course plopped down on one side and cuddled in and Duchess sat on the other side. We all laughed and settled in to watch the broadcast. The set up was just asking for us to fall asleep though. Which is exactly what I did. They had big comfy leather couches, a fire in their fireplace, blankets and most all of us cuddled in on one couch. I had Buttman's arm around me and his shoulder to lay my head on and cuddle against. I was awake for about half of it but then I was out. Captain Doofus nodded off and so did Buttman. The Duchess kept poking everyone but she almost succumbed too. Mr. Man was about the only one that paid complete attention. I still have such respect for him. He let the girls sit first and ended up on a kitchen chair because he refused to give in to our innocent debauchery of a cuddle orgy. I guess that's why he's The Baron of Straight Laced but that's also why I admire him so much.

It was a wonderful weekend. An answer to a sincere prayer for a great group of friends. Most of these kids are so young and stuck in their shells and have never known fun like this and it was great to see them having so much and going on and on about how they want to do this stuff more often. We have an area Valentine's dance to go to Saturday and we're all really looking forward to that. I really enjoyed spending time with them they're great group to hang out with. It was the best of weekends.

Miss M

1 comment:

TigerVent said...

Coolness. *raises glass* to the future of great weekends! (although the sausage thing was a bit disturbing in my mind. lol)