Wednesday, February 08, 2006

A Date for Love Day

I have a date. I know strange, right? I feel the same way. Its odd to me and even though I know how it happened I've yet to realize what possessed me to do it. It's my own fault, I asked. I am glad and excited but its still weird. I was thinking tonight while I was at work how Valentine's Day is a week away and that I was probably going to end up one of those people with nothing to do and that I'd just sit at home wishing for love. I really don't have it in me right now to feel that pathetic because I know it would've depressed me. Especially if I got thinking about the Valentine's Days of yore. It would be a birthday mood all over again. So there I was wondering what I would do and I got to thinking about Buttman. I figured he probably didn't have any plans because he's just as unattached and single as I am. I went on my break and was sitting in the dark at the picnic tables out back and put my feet up and called, not knowing what exactly I was doing and or what silly girlie demon had possessed me to get involved in such a fabricated excuse to buy expensive junk food and sit in dark places just to swoon over whoever was there at just the thought of love. I found myself continuing on this insane course of action and then the phone stopped ringing.

"Hello?"
"Hey"
"Oh hey."
"How are you?"
"Good , how are you."
"I'm at work....on my break and I was just wondering if you have any plans for next Tuesday."
"Ummmm, ahhhhh.....I don't think so."
"You wanna take me to a movie?"
"Sure."
"I get off work at 8. Thought it might be fun do something."
"Okay"

Then I mumbled something that now that I've asked I guess we could chat so I asked him how the Singles activity was yesterday. He said it was good told me who was there what they did. Then I said I had to go back to work. I immediately called my mom to have her validate my insanity and the first thing she asked is "What if Mr. Man asks you out for Valentine's?" Oh jeez. Not really the response I was going for and I told her that I wasn't going to just sit at home and that it was Mr. Man's idea for us to see other people and that I fully intend to do that. That if he calls (I highly doubt he will) I'll tell him I already have plans but would be happy to go out with him another night. My mom was like, "Okay what ever you think is best."

So now I have a date. That just seems so weird. I'm not sure what to do now. Well I'll obviously show up on the date, but I'm not really sure what sortof date it is. I was going for something casual and light hearted and I hope he has the same idea. I'm not even sure if he realized what next Tuesday was. Oh well I'll just make sure I look hot for whatever may happen and I'll smile and have a good time because, hey, I have a date with Love. Okay, I have a date for something but I'm not sure if it's love, it just happens to be on Love Day. Oh crap I have a date. I must be nuts this is so weird. Wish me luck, wish me love, wish me a pleasant evening, most of all wish me sanity. :)

Miss M

1 comment:

TigerVent said...

lol, ONE word... R-E-L-A-X girl!