Sunday, February 12, 2006

I Could've Danced all Night

Oh what splendid fun. My singles group drove two hours to go to a Valentines Dance in Iowa on Saturday. It was fantastic. I'm so glad I went because I almost didn't. I was in a funk of a mood and I had gotten hurt at work so I was sore and tired and I just didn't feel up to it, but I had promised to drive so I went. The first hour wasn't too swell because no one had really shown up yet but as more people arrived it got better and better. The setup was great they had awesome floor lights and they had screens projected up on the curtains of the stage so that if you went behind the curtain your sillouette would be dancing in the swirl of colors they had playing. It was very well planned. They started the night out with a game and then later they had a Dance Dance Reveloution dance off. It was amazing. It made me think of my good friend Internet Guy because he's a super big fan of DDR. It was so fun to watch. It was amazing. This one guy was just flying and he was jumping around and using his hands and it was astounding. He hardly ever missed a step. It was amazing to see how fast they could go. They had the game screen projected up for everone to see. It was very cool.

It was such a good night and the greatest thing happened. A good friend of mine from years ago was there. I hadn't seem him in years. He lives in Minnesota now so I'll use that to refer to him. I walked up to him and said,

"I know you. I know, I know you."
He said, "You're from ------ your names 'miss m' isn't it?"
"Yes and you're 'Minnesota' oh my gosh I never thought I'd ever get to see you again."

We just chatted and chatted. Mr. Man was nearby so he was talking with us too and we were catching him up on all the people he had known in our area. It was so great to see him. I used be just over the moon for him when we were in singles together before. He is just as impressive now, if not more so, as he was then. He looked so good and it was so great to see him. We exchanged emails and phone numbers before we left the dance so we can keep up with each other. Which will be great. He wants to come down and visit everyone here. I introduced him to the whole group that came with us. Told them that when I tell stories of the Singles days of yore that he was there. He and I were telling stories about all the things we used to do and the girls were just like wow. Minnesota introduced me to his brother as one of his first friends when he lived in our area, he was so excited about that and that made me feel good. It was just so great to have someone that knew me as I was and could corroborate all my stories. It was fun rehashing some of the glory days.

I love dancing and I got a chance to dance with several people. I danced with a good friend of mine from Iowa that I don't get to see very often and I danced with a couple of new people which was fun they were great. One guy toward the end was really fun to dance with. He really knew how to hold a girl when you danced. He held me like he wasn't afraid of girls and we had a good conversation and laughed. He even hugged me. I was kicking myself all the way home that I didn't ask for his phone number. He was swell. He was one of the DDR guys and I told him how impressive I thought he was. I didn't have to ask anyone to dance except the guys I came with and my friend from Iowa. Its nice not to have to ask. Buttman was okay to dance with. But it wasn't too too exciting. I danced with Mr. Man several times which was so great. In fact it was wonderful. It feels crazy to me that twirling in circles with someone could be so lovely. It made me so happy to have him look at me and talk to me and listen to me. He saw me. I saw him. Its rare to have someone who can do that, who can see you. We were so lost in talking and chatting that I hardly noticed when we danced straight through two songs like it was blinking. It happened without my noticing and it was so natural and easy and I told him that. I told him that I was so glad that he was talking to me that I never thought he would again. I told him that it was great to dance with him that it was easy and comfortable, that it was wonderful and that I was glad that he wanted to. I probably read more into than what was there but I can't help myself. I can't stop thinking about how he looked at me. Mr. Man looked at me as if he was conveying something unspoken but solid. He looked at me like he used to. Its what I felt I saw but I keep wondering if that was what was really there or if it was there only because I wanted it to be. Because I want nothing more than for him to let me love him. I don't think he ever will and thats okay, or at least its getting to be more okay a little at a time. Its easier when I can see other possibilities opening up to me. There are other people that I could be very happy with I just wanted it to be him, to be Mr. Man. I could've danced all night with him and been content just talking to him, hearing what things he had to say. I wish that something that simple didn't have to be so complicated. I want so much that I really could've danced with him all night. I don't like having to wrap my mind around the possiblity that it really might not happen the way it could've. I don't want to get stuck in a daydream but I'm going to just for today. For this moment I'll think about him and his arms and his eyes, my illusions of love and romance and we'll twirl circles until I go to sleep and wake up tomorrow ready to explore all the possiblities for love and relationships.

Miss M

1 comment:

TigerVent said...

*internal screaming* Don't set yourself up to fail, my friend.