Friday, September 08, 2006

Naps and Sunday Clothes

Tiger is here in my house at the very moment that I am typing this. His flight was an overnight flight and as much as he tried to stay awake he was in desperate need of a nap. We got his things arranged in the spare room and I was telling him where things were. I asked if he needed to hang up any clothes like his church clothes for Sunday. I told him I could iron them while he rested and he didn't want me to trouble myself over it. It wasn't a big deal and I told him as much so he handed them to me. I stood in the doorway holding his nice sunday clothes and watching him kindof unpack and settle in. An interesting feeling crept into me while I watched this man. Its kindof hard to describe. But it was a pleasant sortof happy comfortableness. I thought I would be more nervous than I was but the moment I saw him walking towards me at the airport all fear left me and I was so content and tht feeling was amplified as I watched him ready himself for a nap. Tiger laid down and I went and ironed his shirt and now I'm sitting here typing this overwhelmed a little by how much I enjoy this new feeling I have now that he's here. I think I'd like to be the one who always gets to iron his shirts. I think I'd be very happy to be the one who gets to do that. Thats a little weird and a little quick to be saying that but oh well. I like it even if it doesn't work out that way. Its a pleasant thought anyway.

Miss M

No comments: