Thursday, October 27, 2005

Car Drive

I mentioned before that I was moving and its pretty much done, but tonight I moved my kitties. They've been really anxious the last few days seeing all the boxes, all their favorite spots either moving or disappearing. My cats also hate to see me upset and this move has been hard so they hang extra close to me when I'm sad. Its been a tough week for them and the epitome of the whole thing was the drive across town trapped in their travel boxes. It was horrible. I felt so bad for them. They cried the whole way. I wanted so bad to pull them out and hold them and tell them and let them know that this was a good thing that this would be a good transition for them, but I couldn't it wasn't safe for them to be out of their boxes yet. And I wondered if Heavenly Father was doing the same thing to me. Knowing that whats been happening to me may be hard but that its leading to better things and that even though I can't see where I'm going that He can see and to trust in Him and have faith. How hard it must be for Him to resist the urge to protect and spare us the pain and sorrows of this mortal period, to take his children up into His arm and tell them that this all really is for the best. So the car ride as simple as it may have been was profound because it reminde me of simple things that I had forgotten. It reminded me to breath, to relax and enjoy this mortal journey and to trust in Him leading the way. To be still and listen to the comforting words of The Holy Spirit, that everything really will be okay.

Miss M

No comments: