Wednesday, January 03, 2007

The End is Near

My dad had an appointment with his doctor today. It didn't go very well. He's lost 14 pounds in the last two weeks. The chemo isn't very effective and they won't give it to him right now anyway because he's losing weight too fast. They're going to get him a feeding tube. He's now also on some seriously strong pain medicines in the form of a patch and a liquid. They hope to help with quality of life but that there is no hope for any sort of remission at this point.

How am I suppose to react to that? How does someone cope with that sort of news? Its not even happening to me directly so I can't even imagine what my dad is going through.

Miss M

1 comment:

Janet Ollman (Dr. JO) said...

I'm so sorry, dear friend, that your father is dying. I guess he'll be going to join Phil soon. I wonder if they'll find each other? I hope so. Phil always really liked your dad. How do you cope, you asked...I don't know; I'm still trying to figure it out nearly 5 years later. Please call me if you need to talk--sometimes someone who has been through it can help in ways no one else can. JO