Wednesday, April 08, 2009

Westward Ho!!

Tiger and I have been married for over a year and it still feels like we're newly weds. We just can't seem to get enough of each other. I love him and I love being married. I find the most joy in my life by being Tiger's wife and caring for our little family. No Tiger cubs yet but we're trying and trying is half the fun. We're anxious to see our family grow, but in the mean time this midwest flower has been transplanted to the deserts of Arizona.

*Sigh*

Its really hot here. Its dirty and dusty and this Phoenix I live in has a strange dirty smell to it. It's not just a plain o' dirty smell its a hot, burning, baking, dirty, dusty smell. I do like the area of Phoenix that I live though. I live half way up a little mountain hill. Its really peaceful there and it has cool breezes and a gentle peacefulness about it.

Tiger and I like it here so far. He grew up here so he's familiar, but I'm having a bit of a hard time with all this change. We're currently living with Tiger's Dad in a tinny little house that no one seems to know how to take care of. And since its not really mine I'm powerless to do anything about it. It is so unbelieveably cluttered and messy. I dread having to walk in there. We're close to having our own place but in the mean time I live here with Tiger's dad and Tiger's brother. I forgot how it is living with a bunch of men. I have four brothers and growing up with them was both a joy and a misery. Boys smell. They don't fold their clothes and they don't do the dishes. They dirty every single dish and glass and piece of silverware before they wash one and they only wash one if they can't find a plastic one to use instead. The list of grievences goes opn and on... and Tiger won't let me do my own laundry because their wash room is so over run with junk that he doesn't want me to get hurt or break down down in tears with the sight of it. Its been interesting living there to say the least. Tiger's dad also reminds me of The Ex which is definately not fun.

*Sigh*

Phoenix.....

Oh my....

I dunno about this, but this is where I am for now, and I'm okay with that. Despite the hardships and the lonely hard times this is where we need to be. We prayed about this for many hours and many mionths before we decided to plant ourselves here and in spite of it all I still say,

"Westward Ho! and Hello Adventure!"

I'm sure I'll still bloom where I'm planted. It'll be great. This midwest flower just needs more water.

Miss M

No comments: